Anticipation is the 7th track in the Undertale Soundtrack. It plays during any monster encounter while Toriel is with the protagonist. This song is also used as the bassline for Enemy Approaching. 
- While in "battle" with Monster Kid, it plays at 0.25 speed.
- A further slowed down version, playing at 0.225 speed, plays on the Genocide Route during the walk through New Home when Flowey begins growing afraid of the protagonist, and afterward, it replaces Small Shock as the music that plays within the area.
- During the end of a Post-Genocide Pacifist playthrough on the 'The End' screen, playing yet slower, at 0.20.
- In the demo at the end of a Genocide playthrough, also at 0.20.
- In the BULLETTEST Froggit battle in room 276.
- Due to the particular events when it plays, the slowest version of the song is often associated with Chara and the Genocide Route, some fans considering it to be their "theme" of a sort.
- During the walk through New Home, Anticipation fades out when the protagonist encounters Sans for the final battle. It remains silent even after Sans's defeat. However, if the protagonist leaves and re-enters New Home, it will play once again without interruptions until the protagonist enters the Throne Room.