While you are in a FIGHT, strike up a friendly conversation.
Stall for time. I will come to resolve the conflict.
Practice talking to the dummy.
Anticipation is the 7th track in the Undertale Soundtrack and the 6th track in the Undertale Demo OST. It plays during any monster encounter while Toriel is with the protagonist. This track is also used as the bassline for Enemy Approaching.
- A slowed-down version, playing at 0.25 speed, plays while in "battle" with Monster Kid.
- A further slowed down version, playing at 0.22 speed, plays on the Genocide Route during the walk through New Home when Flowey begins growing afraid of the protagonist, and afterward, it replaces Small Shock as the music that plays within the area.
- During the end of a Post-Genocide Pacifist playthrough on the 'The End' screen, at 0.20.
- In the demo at the end of a Genocide playthrough, also at 0.20.
- In the BULLETTEST Froggit battle in room 276.
- During the walk through New Home, Anticipation fades out when the protagonist encounters Sans for the final battle. It remains silent even after Sans's defeat. However, if the protagonist leaves and re-enters New Home, it plays once again without interruptions until the protagonist enters the Throne Room.
- Undertale - All songs with the "Anticipation" melody/leitmotif - YouTube