- Using the Butterscotch Pie during the fight against Asgore lowers his AT and DF.
- Using the Butterscotch Pie during the Lost Soul fight against Toriel and Asgore helps to return their memories more effectively than ACTing.
- If the protagonist causes Toriel to go to her basement without going to sleep beforehand, they are unable to obtain the Butterscotch Pie.
- The Butterscotch Pie's abilities against Asgore in combat can stack, although this is not observable through normal gameplay as it is only obtainable once.
- Butterscotch Pie is the only item in the game that always fully heals the protagonist without passive boosts (i.e. Burnt Pan.) Dog Salad has the capability to max out the protagonist's health, but only does so at random.
- In the True Pacifist Epilogue, most of the pie has been eaten by a Dog.
- Most of the pie is gone. There are dog prints in it... - when inspecting the Pie in Toriel's kitchen during the Epilogue.