This page is used to catalog various enemies that were cut from the final version of Undertale.
RG 03 and RG 04
RG 03 and RG 04 are two Royal Guard knights that appear very similar to RG 01 and RG 02. RG 04 appears to be a cat-like knight. She wields a sword and is garbed in a suit of armor. RG 03 appears to be a mantis-like knight, donned in the same equipment.
From hints read in the dialogue, unlike RG 01 and RG 02, they do not stand in order; RG 03 appears to be the guard on the right while RG 04 stands on the left.
Their attacks are very similar to that of RG 01 and RG 02. However, they vary slightly.
They can send spinning white bars vertically or horizontally across the Bullet Board.
First, the protagonist must touch RG 03's glove, and interact with the green projectile five times. After this, they must touch RG 04's glove and wait for it to be taken off.
- Nice to meet you??? [Check]
- ... ... [Neutral]
- ... [Neutral]
- I know, but... [Whisper]
- Glove... getting looser. [Touch Glove]
- 04!? You... YOU...! [RG 04 is killed]
- 04...!! Why didn’t I... [RG 04 is killed]
- Hmph, try not to mess this up. [Neutral]
- I’ll take you down alone! [Neutral]
- Sigh... team attack, I guess. [Neutral]
- I’m a one woman army. [Neutral]
- What are you talking about? [Whisper]
- Don't touch that!! [Touch Glove]
- 03...!? Why, you... [RG 03 is killed]
- 03! I never said sorry... [RG 03 is killed]
- 03... I didn’t want this... [RG 03 is killed]
- 03... 03... answer me... [RG 03 is killed]
Sparing (Removing 03 and 04's gloves)
- Removing 03's glove
-  My glove...!
-  03... Is that...?
-  Yes. It is. Go ahead. Laugh at me.
-  No, I...
- Touch glove to 04 twice
-  Actually... I still wear mine too.
-  Our friendship bracelets from high school.
-  03, I'm sorry. I thought you hated me, after what happened... We did some pretty nasty things to each other, because of...
-  That old drama? Forget about it. To tell you the truth, I requested to be partners with you. I wanted to become friends with you again... But I didn't know how to breach the topic.
-  03! After this... Do you want to get some ice-cream?
-  Salmon-flavor?
-  You know it!
- Royal guard member with stuffy armor. [Check RG 03]
- Royal Guard member. Protective of her armor. [Check RG 04]
- Royal Guard attacks! [Encounter]
- 03 rubs her glove quietly. [Neutral]
- 03 stands guard. [Neutral]
- 04 hums and looks the other way. [Neutral]
- 04's twitches her tail. [Neutral]
- Smells like a military zoo. [Neutral]
- You tell RG 03 that she should stand up for herself. [Whisper RG 03]
- You tell RG 04 to remember what being friends is about. [Whisper RG 04]
- You touch RG 03's glove. It starts to come loose. [Touch Glove RG 03]
- You attempt to touch RG 04's glove. She bats your hand away. [Touch Glove RG 04]
- RG 04 is looking at her own glove. [RG 03's glove is removed]
- You touch RG 04’s glove softly. She nods and begins to take it off. [Touch Glove RG 04; After Touch Glove RG 03]
- 03 and 04 are planning all sorts of things to do together. [Spareable]
- 03 is trembling. [RG 04 is killed]
- 03 is holding her face in her hands. [RG 04 is killed]
- 03 stands still. [RG 04 is killed]
- 03 seems sick. [RG 04 is killed]
- 03's breathing intensifies. [RG 04 is killed]
- 04 is thunderstruck. [RG 03 is killed]
- 04 does nothing. [RG 03 is killed]
- 04's breathing intensifies. [RG 03 is killed]
- 04 holds her head in her hands. [RG 03 is killed]
- Sad mews emerge from 04’s armor. [RG 03 is killed]
Doge's attacks are identical to those of Lesser Dog.
- A white dog will leap at the protagonist's SOUL.
- A white spear will move horizontally in one direction while a light blue spear will move horizontally in the opposite direction.
Doge's sparing method is similar to Greater Dog's, but she has her own ACT called "walk," which means she needs a different method compared to Greater Dog.
The following actions must be taken to defeat Doge: Beckon, Walk, Pet. Doge can then be spared.
- You're rather slow. [Neutral]
- Hurry up... [Neutral]
- Come on, let's go. [Neutral]
- Want to go on a walk? [Neutral]
- Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! [Walk]
- Pet... me... [Neutral after Walking]
- Ahhhh, humans are nice. [Pet]
- Pronounced "dohj." Soft j. Seems like she wants a walk. [Check]
- Doge is pacing anxiously. [Neutral]
- Doge is looking at you and whining. [Neutral]
- Doge is wondering where she put her leash. [Neutral]
- Doge paws at an imaginary door. [Neutral]
- You tried to bathe Doge, but she's perfectly clean... [Bathe]
- Dry a dry doge? Your mind boggles at this impossibility. [Dry]
- You called Doge over. Doge came close. [Beckon]
- Doge seems too dangerous to pet... For now. [Pet before Walking]
- You go on a short walk with the Doge. [Walk]
- The Doge seems all tuckered out. [Walk after Walking once]
- Doge is now primed for petting. [Neutral after Walking]
- You pet the Doge. What a good Doge. [Pet after Walking]
- Doge looks satisfied. [Spare conditions met]
- Doge needs a vet. [HP low]
Hard Mode Whimsun appears to look very similar to regular Whimsun, except they have butterfly wings.
Hard Mode Whimsun is a conceptual character that never made it to the final game. Although this character had its battle sprites produced, they never made it into the game's code. Their concept was shown by sprites in the official UNDERTALE Art Book.
Toby explains that this character was originally going to be in the game, but does not provide details on why they were cut. He adds that the character didn't look great. He says that this would be a "harder version of Whimsun", a role ultimately taken in the CORE and Hard Mode by Whimsalot.
The Cheerleader Enemy appears to have a humanoid body. They have long hair draped over their back, a pair of horns, a football helmet (despite being a cheerleader), pompoms in both hands, a white cheerleader top with black sleeves, a skirt, a pointed tail, long socks and a pair of shoes. Their face is not visible.
This Cheerleader enemy is a character that never made it into the game's code, but did make it to the sprite stage of development, revealed when their sprites were published in the official UNDERTALE Art Book.
Toby describes that they would have been a Hotland enemy. They would have appeared with a Woshua and a Vulkin with oversized football helmets. They were both going to jump up and down excitedly during the battle. This character's intended ACTs, dialogue, and role (as a mini-boss or regular enemy) are unknown.
Larpy appears to be a humanoid bird. They have an elf hat, glasses, half-arm/half-wings, what appears to be a fake beard, a coat with a heart on it, and a pair of bird legs carrying a staff.
Larpy is a character that never made it into the game's code, but did make it to the sprite stage. Their sprites were published in the official UNDERTALE art book.
Toby explains that Larpy was going to be a Hotland enemy. Their name is supposed to be a combination of "larping" and "harpy". He said that its gimmick was going to be narrating every in-game action like an RPG game. In order to defeat him, the protagonist would have to play an RPG within the RPG. This character's role, as a mini-boss or regular enemy, is unknown.
This unused bomb enemy appears to be a bomb with comb over hair, a pair of glasses, and blush-marks on their cheeks.
This character never made it into the game's code, but did make it to the sprite stage. Their sprites were published in the official UNDERTALE art book.
The present enemies appear to be boxes tied with bows. The bows seem to be their eyes, and what is most likely their teeth is peaking out from a crack being made.
These characters never made it into the game's code, but did make it to the sprite stage. Their sprites were published in the official UNDERTALE art book.
Toby gives no description for these characters at all, so their role as an enemy, dialogue, and even the location that they would have been encountered in are unknown.
Big Bob appears to be a giant head with two eyes and a large open mouth smile.
This character is found in the game's code, but his role is unknown. He is most likely an Easter egg for anyone looking through the game's sprites.
In the code, this enemy has large white dots float around him. He slowly descends down the screen until he cannot be seen. If activated during a Mettaton battle, the player is able to use the yellow SOUL Mode to shoot away his orbs. Eliminating these orbs does not have any effect on Bob, and he cannot be hit with the attack. This may suggest he was originally only intended for use in testing the SOUL mode.
These sprites are found only in Room 287 and were used as tests, thus never making it into the final version of Undertale.
Test Monster #1
They appear to have a humanoid body with a mouth that is wide open. They also appear what can be described as either horns or large perked ears at the top of their head.
This is the first monster test sprite found in the game's code. Their attacks, stats, quotes, and flavor text are unknown. This monster was most likely never intended to be found in the final product.
Test Monster #2
This monster appears to have a very unique appearance. Their only clear coloration is their light red eyes. They appear to have either wings or ears on the sides of their head. They have no limbs, only appearing to be a head.
This is the second monster test sprite found in the game's code. Like the first monster, their attack strategy and dialogue are unknown. This monster was most likely never intended to appear in the game's final product.
- The official artbook for Undertale classifies Doge as a Basset Hound and clarifies her sprite was cut for being too detailed compared to the rest of the game.
- Doge might be named after the popular internet meme, Doge. It might also be named after the Doge of Venice which was the title of the leader of Venice; however, this is quite unlikely.