What a terrible creature, torturing such a poor, innocent youth...
Fallen Down is the 4th track in the Undertale Soundtrack and in the Undertale Demo OST. This heartfelt, homely piece plays on multiple occasions in which Toriel is interacting with the protagonist. It plays at various speeds throughout the game, but it is always slower than in the game files.
- A version of this track slowed down to 0.4x speed, Empty House, plays after killing Toriel and wandering through her house.
- According to an interview with Toby Fox, this was one of the six tracks originally composed for other projects. The other five were Heartache, Nyeh Heh Heh!, Bonetrousle, Another Medium, and MEGALOVANIA.
- This track was originally a contribution to "I Miss You - EarthBound 2012." The artbook states that Fallen Down was originally composed as a "Game Over" theme similar to the one in The Legend of Zelda.
- This track plays at 0.85 speed during the early interactions with Toriel, then at 0.75 speed after Toriel's battle if she is spared and is saying goodbye to the protagonist. In the soundtrack, it plays at a lower pitch and higher speed and replays the first eight bars once.
- The track's title could refer to the humans who had "fallen down" into the Underground. When applied to monsters, the term refers to a comatose state they enter shortly before death.
- "ASGORE asked everyone outside the city for monsters that had "fallen down." Their bodies came in today. They're still comatose... And soon, they'll all turn into dust." —True Lab Entry Number Six