This is where Undyne and I come all the time... We find all sorts of great stuff here.
- Mad Dummy (Glad Dummy on the Genocide Route) is fought in this area.
- On the True Pacifist Route, the date with Alphys occurs in this area.
- The following garbage can be found in the area:
- A rusted bike
- A beat up desktop computer
- A cooler containing Astronaut Food
- A DVD case for an anime with claw marks
- Yellow Names, if the protagonist turned off Yellow Text for indicating when monsters can be SPARED earlier in the Ruins room with up to three Froggits.
- On the Genocide Route of the console versions, the Donation Box can be found discarded in the dump.
After being chased by Undyne along a long bridge in Waterfall, the protagonist is cornered. Undyne attempts to kill them by collapsing the bridge, and they plummet down and black out. While unconscious, they experience a recollection of Asriel's voice speaking to the fallen human. The protagonist wakes up on a bed of golden flowers.
True Pacifist Route
The "date" with Alphys happens in the garbage dump. According to Alphys in the True Lab notes, the Garbage Dump is her element since she felt guilty about the things she has done with the Amalgamates, explaining her confusing point of interest.
The protagonist’s actions up to that point upset Mad Dummy so much that they transform into Glad Dummy, their ghost having become corporeal with their body. Napstablook does not intervene this encounter, and the dummy must be killed in order for the Genocide Route to progress.
The Garbage Dump is an area at the base of a waterfall which is covered in garbage. Similar to the rest of Waterfall, it is characterized by dark blue water and purple walls, but uniquely includes colorful garbage piles. There also is a single bed of Golden Flowers.
- Inspecting trash heaps multiple times gives differing messages, similar to the snow poffs in Snowdin Forest.
- Bratty and Catty get their wares from the Garbage Dump.
- The Garbage Dump is the location where Undyne met Alphys for the first time, where Alphys was staring into the abyss where the garbage flowed. It was a surprise encounter for them, and both considered it a good place of interest that way.
- Considering the DVD present in this location is of an anime and has scratch marks engraved on it, it is likely the cover was owned by Alphys. It is unknown what led to its current state, however.