Heartache is the 14th track in the Undertale Soundtrack. It plays during the fight against Toriel.
You want to leave so badly?Toriel before the fight.
Hmph. You are just like the others.
There is only one solution to this.
Prove to me you are strong enough to survive.
- According to an interview with Toby Fox, this was one of the six songs originally composed for other projects. The other five were Fallen Down, Nyeh Heh Heh!, Bonetrousle, Another Medium, and MEGALOVANIA.
- Toby Fox also said that Heartache, Nyeh Heh Heh!, and Bonetrousle were initially made for another RPG idea that never came to fruition.
- The song name itself is most likely referring to the heartache that Toriel feels while fighting the protagonist, since she cares deeply for them.
- ASGORE quotes Heartache in it's B section (0:34-1:50), probably because he doesn't want to hurt humans either.
- The song is played at a lower pitch in the Fangamer Demo.
- ↑ papyrus's theme (and its variation) and heartache were boss and battle themes for an rpg game idea i had before but did not do - Toby Fox, Twitter