You kept holding on. DAMAGE reduced!
Using "Hope" in the ACT menu
Hopes and Dreams is the 87th track in the Undertale Soundtrack. It debuted in Toby Fox's video "Undertale Release Date." In this video, the text "Releasing with Hopes and Dreams" displays while Final Power – a reversed version of Hopes and Dreams - plays in the background. It also plays during the final fight (first phase) of the True Pacifist Route against Asriel Dreemurr.
- The song is slowed down to 95% speed in-game and in the Undertale Soundtrack. (Original version)
- This song is largely a fast-paced remix of Once Upon a Time, with a similarly fast-paced, hopeful-sounding remix of Your Best Friend at 1:30 and faintly at 1:18.
- At about 0:21 (when the song kicks into the beat), the visual effects of the battle cue in.
- The visual effects do not disappear as the track restarts.
- The phrase "hopes and dreams" is used by Undyne throughout all routes.
- The name of this track is also one of the choices in a question from Mettaton's quiz.
- In the Undertale Soundtrack on Spotify, the song's name is displayed as "Hopes And Dreams" instead of the A being lowercase.
- This was one of the two tracks that "took the most effort to make" and are "some of Toby Fox's favorite". The other is Undertale.