yeah. 'dog. apostrophe-dog. it's short for hot-dog.
Hot Dog...? is a consumable item sold at Sans's stand in Hotland only if Papyrus is alive. The stand is located immediately to the left of Elevator R2. Consuming the item makes a barking sound (unless in Serious Mode.)
The second time a Hot Dog is bought, Sans gives a Hot Cat instead, which heals for one more HP than a Hot Dog, makes a meowing noise when eaten (unless in Serious Mode) and cannot be exchanged for a Hush Puppy. It also sells for 1G more than Hot Dogs.
- Giving a Hot Dog to the rightmost door in the MTT Resort rewards a Hush Puppy. If the protagonist has a Hot Cat in their inventory, they attempt to slide it through the door only to have it rejected, and no reward is given out. Even if a Hot Dog is also in their inventory, the protagonist still attempts to slide a Hot Cat through the door if they have one.
- The third time a Hot Dog is bought, Sans notes that "[the protagonist] really [likes] hot animals." He says he is not judging, though, as he would be out of a job without folks like that.
- This is a joking reference to the furry community, in which many artists draw actual "hot (attractive) animals" for a living.
- If the protagonist's inventory is full, Sans places a Hot Dog on the protagonist's head when attempting to buy one. He does not charge for this.
- Sans is willing to do this up to 30 times. Instead of placing a 31st Hot Dog on the protagonist's head, he notes that 30 is the limit since he cannot reach any higher but also says he could have placed another Hot Dog if there were 29.
- If the protagonist moves with a stack of Hot Dogs on their head, the Hot Dogs fall off. The Hot Dogs disappear when the room is exited.