You throw the stick. Mettaton catches it with his mouth and winks.
Text upon using the stick during Mettaton EX’s fight
The Stick is a weapon item equipped at the beginning of the game. Its defensive counterpart is the Bandage. It provides no statistical improvement. Once unequipped, it cannot be reequipped, but it can be used against certain enemies with differing results.
Using the Stick causes the protagonist to throw it, then pick it back up. This does not cause the Stick to be consumed, and, in most cases, using it does absolutely nothing. However, using the Stick in some battles can affect the outcome of the battle.
- Using the Stick against any dog enemy (including Endogeny) immediately makes them spareable.
- If used against Papyrus, he fetches it.
- Using it against Madjick makes it think of the protagonist as a fellow wizard, allowing for it to be spared.
- The first time using it during Mettaton EX’s fight rewards 700 rating points.
- If used during the final stage of the fight, when he has been reduced to just his head and torso, the reward is 1400 rating points instead.
- However, if used any more times, it only gives 1 rating point.