FANDOM


  • So, I have came up with a Deltarune recently. It is about how I think it is actually connected to Undertale. Here is what I think... Deltarune is both a sequel and a prequel. I know, maybe that sounds confusing, but I will explain.

    Toby Fox said that Deltarune is set in an alternate universe, but does he mean that in the way the Undertale fanbase does? What if Toby meant an alternate timeline? That is what my theory is going to go into. Maybe Deltarune does take place in the same universe as Undertale, but in an alternate timeline, or should I say a timeline that existed before any other Undertale timeline.

    Without a doubt, Gaster probably has something to do with Deltarune due to various hints, such as his leitmotif being in a good amount of the songs in the game and that his sounds can be heard at somepoints. So, what about Gaster you may ask? Well, here is what I think. I think Gaster may still exist in Deltarune, as in he never fell into the CORE. Why do I say this? Well, Gaster's followers are seen throughout the game if you look very carefully. The one is in the library, another is in a car, being blocked by Undyne, Susie was (sorta) mentioned in the Switch release (although, she does not seem to have any connections to Gaster), and the rest are not there, but I have a theory that the Monster Kid character in the game may have some kind of connection to the Goner Kid. However, they are not in the same forms that they were in the original Undertale game. In this game, they look normal. They have actual color, and they look more normal than what we saw in Undertale. They actually look like they are happier. Maybe this is because they have not met Gaster yet. Sans also does seem a little happier than his Undertale self, and maybe he is actually happy here because Gaster still exists and without a doubt, he does have some kind of connection to him. There is also no proof that W.D. Gaster does not exist in Deltarune. Just here is one big question: Where is Gaster in Deltarune if he still exists? Well, here is my guess. I think he might be in the shed that we see near the Church in the middle of the woods. My guess is that the shed is actually the entrance to Gaster's lab, and I think this would explain why could hear his sounds on the inside. So here is what I think so far: Deltarune is indeed a sequel to the Undertale Pacifist Route, but in a timeline that Gaster still exists in.

    Now, while I will get back to Gaster in a bit, here is a part of my theory on Kris. Kris is basically the Frisk of Deltarune, but sorta Chara too. Now, here is what I think. I think Kris may possibly be both Frisk and Chara combined. In a matter of fact, I think may have possibly once been one in the same. If you really think about it, it does make sense. It would explain why Kris wears an outfit similar to Chara's in the Overworld, and has an outfit similar to Frisk's in the Darkworld. This would also explain why Kris has a similar skintone to Frisk in the Overworld, and also has similar facial features. Just here is one major question: How did Kris split into Frisk and Chara? Well, I will explain that when I am finishing up the theory.

    Anyway, here is some more Gaster stuff. So, you maybe wondering, how can Deltarune a be a sequel as well? Isn't Asriel still alive? Aren't Asgore and Toriel divorced? Well, yeah, but here is what I think. I think Gaster may have been able to find a way to escape the Underground when he still existed, and when this happened, a bunch of things in the Undertale didn't happen, such as Undyne never joining the royal guard so maybe whatever happened to her eye never happened, Alphys never became the royal scientist, so she was never able to create Mettaton's body, Asriel and Chara (or Kris in this case) never died, so now they could just live out there lives, Bratty and Catty were never able to know each other, and now Undyne was never able to meet Alphys, so that is why they don't know each other. This would explain a few things about Deltarune, considering that Deltarune takes place after the Pacifist Route in Undertale, but in a different timeline, such as Gerson being dead, Asgore not holding any kind of power over the monsters, the fact that monsters are on the Surface, Asriel being older, and many more actually. However, here is the thing... Gaster does fall into the CORE eventually, causing the timelines to shift. This would cause many things to happen, such as all of the events of Undertale, and Kris spliting into both Frisk and Chara (Also, maybe Asgore and Toriel divorced for a different reason in Deltarune).

    Anyway, I said how I think Kris turned into Frisk and Chara earlier, so I am going to explain how. Well, I think the ending of Deltarune Chapter 1 may explain that. When Kris tore out their SOUL, two separate beings would be created. One being Chara , the other being Frisk. I think that when this happened, Kris' body would become Chara, this would explain why Kris was acting much more sinister than usual, and I think Kris' SOUL would become the SOUL for Frisk. I think the DETERMINATION in Kris' SOUL was so strong, it was capable of staying in one piece, and when the timeline was changed to what know in Undertale, it would become a seperate being, creating Frisk. That is what I think happened.

    Now, I should probably explain what I think happened to Gaster. Well, you know how he is always talking about the darkness? What if Gaster was actually talking about the Darkworld? Imagine that. So, what I am saying is that Gaster might have connections to the Darkworld, and I think he may possibly be responsible for a good amount of the events in Deltarune. So, I think Gaster may secretly be this Knight that seems to have caused the events of Deltarune. Maybe in the next chapter or another chapter after that, maybe Kris and his allies will find out about what Gaster has done. Considering Susie's lack of mercy, however, she maybe the one who sent Gaster into the CORE after fighting him. If this happens, then the timeline would be changed, causing the events to the Undertale story we all know. If this happens, maybe we will end up getting a different version of the Deltarune game to end the Deltarune series, a version of Deltarune that would fit into the original Undertale universe.

    Now, you may be all wondering, what happened to Ralsei and Susie if this is the case? Well, I do not have an answer to what could have happened to Susie, but my guess is that she is fine and alive during the time of Undertale. Anyway, for Ralsei however, I think he may be a resident in the Underground as well, and maybe he was able to get to the Darkworld with his magic if you are wondering. Anyway, I think Ralsei may secretly be the River Person. I think it would make sense in a few ways. Both seem pretty smart, both are probably very powerful, and they are both seen singing. Could it be possible that Ralsei has been there this entire time? It could be.

    So, here is what I am going to have to say abour my theory: Deltarune takes place in a timeline before Gaster fell into the CORE, and that Frisk and Chara may have once been the same. What do you think of my theory?

      Loading editor
    • Its an Alternate Universe (TOBY WORDS!!!) where the War didnt happen,wich means most Relationships Changed (Unless they were in the War Time or Before) making New Monsters and Humans (Kris Included,one of their Parents might have been the same as one of Frisk`s,but the Other Helped in Naming.).Remember Chara Words (Lets erase This World and Move on to the Next)?This is the Next World she was talking about.

        Loading editor
    • When did he say that?

        Loading editor
    • Check his Twitter,i dont remember when,but some people gave me links to the Tweet.the Only Confirmed Thing is the first Phrase.

        Loading editor
    • @VideoCreepso3949
      Toby Fox said that Deltarune is set in an alternate universe...

      @Pino Vermelho
      Its an Alternate Universe (TOBY WORDS!!!)...

      Sources please.

      Here is Toby Fox's message where he explains Deltarune is not Undertale - http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqn3p9. Very straightforward, nothing about a Alternate Universes.

        Loading editor
    • Just Search in His Twitter,i dont normally Read the links people give Me :/,but ok,i might have read wrong or hve been tricked anyway!

        Loading editor
    • he wroteh there that those are Different Worlds,but im sure it was something else is saw...

        Loading editor
    • Just Search in His Twitter,i dont normally Read the links people give Me :/
      It is Your job to properly support your own statements, not mine.

      ...but im sure it was something else is saw...
      Then show it to us please.

        Loading editor
    • The Tweet you gave Me is the Link i was Talking About,it *CLEARLY* says they are 2 Different Worlds.Most People meant that (Me Included),2 different Worlds is the Definition of Alternate Universes and believe me,i know about Them.Official AU is an Good Way to say it Tough.He might have meant something Else,but its how I and More People Understod.

        Loading editor
    • The bottom line: only the creator can say if his work is an AU or not, never the audience.

        Loading editor
    • "...is not the world of Undertale."

      Sounds pretty AU to me.

        Loading editor
    • I said *UNDERSTOOD*,some people might have Understood something else,like there having 2 planet earths,i know its an bad example.

        Loading editor
    • Eh I thought it was a pretty okay example.

        Loading editor
    • Starscream1998 wrote:
      "...is not the world of Undertale."

      Sounds pretty AU to me.

      That is conjecture.

        Loading editor
    • "To rephrase that, DELTARUNE's world is a different one. With different characters, that have lived different lives. A whole new story will happen.." - Toby Fox

      Conjecture is a conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information so unless you've got another Toby Fox tweet you'd like to point me to in order to complete my information on the matter so as to draw a proper conclusion I really don't think 'conjecture' is the right word to be using.

        Loading editor
    • Conjecture, interpretation, speculation, opinion, guesses, mistake, lie... pick whatever you want. In the end they all lead to the same.

      Besides it isn't about proper terms. It is all about people saying that DR is an AU while Toby Fox has never used that term, unless you can prove otherwise. I asked multiple times about source showing that TF called DR an AU, but people were unable to provide it. I seriously don't mind if DR is an Au or not, and since TF's tweet is very clear to me about DR not being an AU, I don't need more.

      And now... Would You, the Community of this Wikipedia, kindly go and directly ask Toby Fox if his Deltarune actually is an Alternate Universe based on Undertale or not? It will dispel the doubts, which we all want, right?

      =]

        Loading editor
    • Alright, since we don't know Deltarune's relationship with Undertale, how about we analyze it logically, shall we?

      So first, we know that the world of Deltarune is not the world of Undertale. So any possibility that places them within the same "world" is already false.

      Next, we have "different characters, who have lived different lives." Seeing as the characters are technically different, we can't call it a plain old alternate timeline, else the characters would actually be the same. So it's not a prequel or a sequel, in any way. Not only that, in the world of Deltarune, determination is not what allows one to SAVE and LOAD-It's the power of "shine" within you that does this. Further evidence that it's not DT doing this is that the save points are no longer yellow. The Manual (only in the demo) stated save points were the manifestation of your determination. The fact that this changes means the world's laws are different. Alternate timelines can't explain that. Not only that, the player is separate from Kris, and the player controls the SOUL. The SOUL was made artificially. Entry 2 in the True Lab states that SOUL power CANNOT be produced artificially. Once again, the laws are different.

      Now, if we want to find out whether or not it's an AU, we first need to find out what an AU even is. There's two main definitions of the term, but only one can actually fit the current topic.

      • A hypothetical world situated in a different dimension of space and time than the real world consisting of the universe known and experienced by human beings.

      This one is meaningless:All fiction would fit this definition, and if we use Undertale's frame of reference rather than our own, it's still completely meaningless, as it basically asks whether or not Deltarune is a hypothetical world in the realm of Undertale. ..Of course it is. Technically, our world would fit that too. And, well, any game's world.

      • An imaginary realm, often a variant form of the real world, depicting a different way events could have unfolded or the universe could have functioned.

      This is more specific, which is why fanfiction uses this one rather than the former one when determining whether to call a work an AU or not. and, well, Deltarune almost certainly fits this definition as well. You see, the characters of Deltarune fit the personalities of those of Undertale's very accurately. This is no coincidence. Not only that, we have the same Delta Rune, and the laws are very similar, but not quite the same. The characters are similar.. not quite the same. It's a different way the world of Undertale could have worked.


      --Conclusion--

      Yes, Deltarune is an AU. Toby didn't say so, but from what he did say, and what we see in Deltarune, it can be said that it is indeed an AU. It can't be Undertale's world, it can't be an alternate timeline, and it can't be original fiction, so by process of elimination, it must be an AU-That's the only possibility that remains.

        Loading editor
    • Alright, since we don't know Deltarune's relationship with Undertale, how about we analyze it logically, shall we?
      How about we ask Toby Fox what he actually created, shall we?

      Yes, Deltarune is an AU. Toby didn't say so, but from what he did say, and what we see in Deltarune, it can be said that it is indeed an AU.

      So, instead of checking the source about facts, you are theorizing about source's unclear statement and bending so it fit to your point of view. Interesting. Please, tell me more about that while I will wait for creator's official standpoint.

      I really don't mind if DR is either AU or not as long as it verified by TF himself. I will accept the truth, whatever it is, because I have nothing to lose. Do you have something to lose? I'm asking because I have small, unverified and subjective theory: there is 50% that you people have right that DR is an actual AU and 50% that all your theories are worth crap.

      Personally I do not like gambling.

        Loading editor
    • Rafip wrote: Conjecture, interpretation, speculation, opinion, guesses, mistake, lie... pick whatever you want. In the end they all lead to the same.

      Besides it isn't about proper terms. It is all about people saying that DR is an AU while Toby Fox has never used that term, unless you can prove otherwise. I asked multiple times about source showing that TF called DR an AU, but people were unable to provide it. I seriously don't mind if DR is an Au or not, and since TF's tweet is very clear to me about DR not being an AU, I don't need more.

      And now... Would You, the Community of this Wikipedia, kindly go and directly ask Toby Fox if his Deltarune actually is an Alternate Universe based on Undertale or not? It will dispel the doubts, which we all want, right?

      =]

      ...Darn it I can't stay mad at you with that smiley face okay I accept your answer.

        Loading editor
    • "So, instead of checking the source about facts, you are theorizing about source's unclear statement and bending so it fit to your point of view. Interesting. Please, tell me more about that while I will wait for creator's official standpoint."

      I created a logical argument. And there is no source, Toby doesn't reapond to people's questions. He only answers what he'd planned on answering anyways. Take a look at Undertale's 1st Annivessary Q&A to see just how unanswering Toby Fox really is,

      So, please, if you think it's just a bunch of bending, then find a hole in my argument. I think I've proven it. The final sentence basically sums up my argument, with the main body of it explaining my proof that the premises are true and valid.

      So stop cherry-picking from my argument and look at the whole thing.

        Loading editor
    • To be fair you do write literal essays which can be a little imposing to read but I do agree that cherry picking is kind of a douchey move especially given the time you probably put into the response.

        Loading editor
    • Guys, what I am saying is that maybe a different universe was created when Gaster fell, that is all, and it is just a theory...

        Loading editor
    • But hey that's just a theory A Game The-actually no that's a bit overused plus MatPat still has to make his part 3 on Delta Rune which ironically will probably be about Gaster.

        Loading editor
    • @TheHumanAmbassador

      I created a logical argument.
      Just like you "invented" a human essence.

      Toby doesn't reapond to people's questions.
      Did you even try that you are so sure about that? Or are you going to theorize about that too? Also, the case of question about Chara not being merchandised shows you are once again far from truth.

      So, please, if you think it's just a bunch of bending, then find a hole in my argument.
      Search for holes in the hole? XD

      @Starscream1998

      To be fair you do write literal essays...
      The funny thing about this is truth doesn't require essays. If you are holding facts in your hands that prove something then single sentence is enough, maybe two if you want to be precise. And I'm not cherry picking. I'm avoiding unnecessary discussion about leading to nowhere opinions. Mr Ambassador proved many times he talks a lot, but doesn't do much - river of words and no reasonable conclusions at all. I can't even afford to read that. Apart from that, this is rare occasion for Mr. Ambassador to reinforce his "theories" with actual undeniable facts and turn them into official truth, which would be great don't you think Mr. Starscream? Unless Toby Fox says otherwise and Ambassador's theories fold like a house of cards. Maybe this is holding him back... Who knows =] This way or another the truth will come out. It is about time for reality check.

      @TheHumanAmbassador

      50% boi
      comply or perish

      =]

        Loading editor
    • Abdalax
      Abdalax removed this reply because:
      because
      16:46, December 12, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Everything about deltarune was already explained by captain hype ( afrench youtuber) i believe its a 100% true

        Loading editor
    • Just because you believe it's 100% true doesn't mean it's 100% true but I'll check it out anyway.

        Loading editor
    • @Rafip:Did you actually check out that Q&A? That's a real thing, you know. I didn't make that up. Besides, look at his twitter feed. He hasn't replied to anyone's tweets in over a month!

      And of course I backed it up with evidence! If I said it HAS to be an AU, words aren't enough. We can't call something a fact without evidence to prove it!

      Now, let me turn this into formal logic, and you point out the holes and fallacies, okay?

      • Premise 1:Deltarune world is not Undertale's world (Toby's words!)
      • Premise 2:The characters of Deltarune are NOT the characters of Undertale (ALSO Toby's words:"different characters, who have lived different lives")
      • Premise 3:The world of Deltarune follows different rules from the world of Undertale (Saving is not based on DT in Deltarune)
      • Conclusion 1/Premise 4:By 1, 2, and 3, the world of Deltarune is fundamentally different from Undertale's world.
      • Premise 5:The world of Deltarune CANNOT be a completely original work of fiction (The same Delta Rune, nearly identical characters, etc..)
      • Conclusion 2:By 4 and 5, since it is not original fiction, not the world of Undertale, and not an alternate timelines, by process of elimination, it must be an AU.

      There's exactly two places where a hole could theoretically exist, but I doubt they exist. If they do, look and find them, alright?

      The first POSSIBLE hole would be in Premise 5. But can you explain how a work with all of this can still somehow be original, not related to Undertale at all? If the story was posted as a story by someone other than Toby in 2017, it definitely would be considered an Undertale fanfic, and the "Original Fiction" tag would be rejected.

      The second possible hole would be if there was some possible way that it could be none of those four things.. But how? What relation can it have that ISN'T an AU, yet DOESN'T contradict anything Toby said or what was revealed in the game? I already gave the definition of an AU, and given the boundaries, I'm certain everything outside of the definiton has been eliminated.

        Loading editor
    • TheHumanAmbassador wrote:
      @Rafip:Did you actually check out that Q&A? That's a real thing, you know. I didn't make that up. Besides, look at his twitter feed. He hasn't replied to anyone's tweets in over a month!

      And of course I backed it up with evidence! If I said it HAS to be an AU, words aren't enough. We can't call something a fact without evidence to prove it!

      Now, let me turn this into formal logic, and you point out the holes and fallacies, okay?

      • Premise 1:Deltarune world is not Undertale's world (Toby's words!)
      • Premise 2:The characters of Deltarune are NOT the characters of Undertale (ALSO Toby's words:"different characters, who have lived different lives")
      • Premise 3:The world of Deltarune follows different rules from the world of Undertale (Saving is not based on DT in Deltarune)
      • Conclusion 1/Premise 4:By 1, 2, and 3, the world of Deltarune is fundamentally different from Undertale's world.
      • Premise 5:The world of Deltarune CANNOT be a completely original work of fiction (The same Delta Rune, nearly identical characters, etc..)
      • Conclusion 2:By 4 and 5, since it is not original fiction, not the world of Undertale, and not an alternate timelines, by process of elimination, it must be an AU.

      There's exactly two places where a hole could theoretically exist, but I doubt they exist. If they do, look and find them, alright?

      The first POSSIBLE hole would be in Premise 5. But can you explain how a work with all of this can still somehow be original, not related to Undertale at all? If the story was posted as a story by someone other than Toby in 2017, it definitely would be considered an Undertale fanfic, and the "Original Fiction" tag would be rejected.

      The second possible hole would be if there was some possible way that it could be none of those four things.. But how? What relation can it have that ISN'T an AU, yet DOESN'T contradict anything Toby said or what was revealed in the game? I already gave the definition of an AU, and given the boundaries, I'm certain everything outside of the definiton has been eliminated.

      Well, I do not think it is a hundred percent true...

        Loading editor
    • Starscream1998 wrote:
      Just because you believe it's 100% true doesn't mean it's 100% true but I'll check it out anyway.

      Believe me it worth it. I opened a discussion to talk about Captain hype theories, the discussion title is " Everything about Undertale and Deltarune".

        Loading editor
    • ok, guys, i don’t usually “theory” so to speak, i don’t think about easter eggs and logic and guessing. It was the ending that when i played, made my first major fan theory, so here it is.

      Toby said it wasn’t undertale, and he didn’t lie either, sure most the charecters are there, maybe it’s an au, maybe it’s a timeline, all I know is Toby Fox made it, so I have that. I looked as far as possible into Toby Fox’s mind, and concluded this:

      Maybe Toby Fox felt he didn’t create enough of a background for them. You think i’m an idiot the game clearly stated they lived with adriel as a kidor whatever. I know, i seem stupid right now, but maybe a Toby fox felt he was to unexplaining about that charecter. Ignore the small details of the story and world of Deltarune, and it could definitely be the past. Undyne used to be a police officer, because aren’t the royal guard like, protectors of undertale? this was long ago, sans, at the end, probably recently moved there, that building he’s next to when you see him at the end, that could be grillbys in the future. You want me to get to the point, so i’ll say this. My fan theory is that Deltarune is Toby Fox’s cleverly disguised way of slightly explaining Charas past, and Kris is Chara. There.

        Loading editor
    • so, anyway, i agree with VideoCreepso3949. Thnx

        Loading editor
    • Well, there some leaks that there's a close relationship between Undertale and Deltarune. So Chara might be coming back cause of the ending of Deltarune, Chara might've took over Kris's body. This could mean that Chara could be a cameo or a main character in chapter 2 of Deltarune.

        Loading editor
    • ITS AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!!! WHAT ELSE DOES TOBY HAVE TO SAY FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND THIS

        Loading editor
    • I said already gaster is in deltarune

        Loading editor
    • Billybobjoe111 wrote: ITS AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!!! WHAT ELSE DOES TOBY HAVE TO SAY FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND THIS

      And also it’s a different timeline where the human/monster war never broke out

        Loading editor
    • Billybobjoe111 wrote: ITS AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!!! WHAT ELSE DOES TOBY HAVE TO SAY FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND THIS

      To me the only connection between the two games lies in the metanarrative more than anything else. Other than that, they're completely unrelated.

        Loading editor
    • Yep

        Loading editor
    • TheHumanAmbassador wrote:
      • Conclusion 2:By 4 and 5, since it is not original fiction, not the world of Undertale, and not an alternate timelines, by process of elimination, it must be an AU.

      Ever heard of a spin-off?

        Loading editor
    • Toby said it is an AU that has no effect on the plot of Undertale. If it was a prequel then why does it take place in a modern world instead of long ago like the plot says so? If it was a sequel then how does Undyne have both her eyes, and how is Asriel still alive? No matter what you say, Deltarune is a completely different universe and you can't prove otherwise. Not when Toby himself said it is an AU.

        Loading editor
    • Pretty much.

        Loading editor
    • Toby already told us in the Game's Q&A that while there are some connection between to the two games, their influence with each other was minimal at best.

      Hence the Meta is the ONLY thing connecting the two; Gaster themselves have little to no impact on both games narratives but it's implied that he have a hand in the meta, especially with Deltarune. Hell, some could argue that Chara also interfere with the servey just so that they can place OUR SOUL into Kris; and we yet to know if it's the same soul that we control in Undertale (which is my reason why the red trait is YOU). But it's only the same kind of Meta that Undertale been using, yet in Deltarune this has been significally downplayed.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.