GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEYPapyrus
The Undertale Kickstarter was a crowdfunding campaign for Undertale that was initiated by Toby Fox on June 24, 2013. Before this campaign, the demo of the game was first released on May 23, 2013. To entice potential backers, the Kickstarter offered several rewards explained in this video by Sans and Papyrus.
Anyone backing at $10 or more would receive a digital download of the game. Those backing at $30 would receive the digital download of the game, have their name included in the True Pacifist Ending Credits, plus the game's soundtrack with a vocal bonus track by Papyrus called "Papyrus's Cool Song." Two joke tiers were included at $31 where a backer could receive all $30-tier prizes without the vocal track and $32 where a backer could receive all $30-tier prizes except with a version of the soundtrack that only has the vocal track. Backing at $50 or more earns all of the $30-tier prizes plus a sticker sheet, and backing at $75 would earn all of the $50-tier rewards plus physical CD of the game and its soundtrack.
Backing the Kickstarter at $100 or more would reward the backer with all of the $75-tier rewards and a special prize:
- At $100 or more, Tuyoki will make an overworld sprite of the backer's choice. (10 only)
- At $250 or more, a custom non-playable character would be included in the game. (6 only)
- At $500 or more, a custom character that is fightable can be included in the game. (2 only)
- At $1,000 or more, the backer's fantroll will become canon in Undertale. (1 only)
Five of the NPCs were later revealed to be Loren, the Long-nosed Snail, Ragel, the Elder Puzzler and Snowdrake's Father, the fightable monsters were later revealed to be Glyde and Muffet and the fantroll was later revealed to be So Sorry.
The Undertale Kickstarter campaign included a couple of stretch goals if the campaign was funded above its initial goal of $5,000. All of the stretch goals listed below were reached with the campaign being funded at $51,125.
- $7,500 - Expanded instruction manual
- $10,000- Macintosh Port by Leon Arnott
- $12,500 - SECRET BOSS (!?!)
- $17,500 - Monster designs by Magnolia Porter
- $20,000 - Patches and Wallpapers!
- $25,000 - Kickstarter-exclusive Undertale Remixes!!!
- $32,500 - Undertale Alarm Clock App
- $37,500 - Undertale Concept Art
- $45,000 - Undertale Extra Comics and possibly Another Game
- In the Kickstarter video, Sans talks with proper capitalization at one point.