Vegetoid appears to be a large carrot with a face that covers its entire front. Apparent by its overworld sprite, its color is also consistent to that of a carrot. Its expression is always that of a wide smile with overjoyed eyes.
Vegetoid's main purpose is to encourage the protagonist to eat their vegetables. It often says things supporting this, mainly "Eat Your Greens."
- Vegetoid makes various vegetables fall from the top of the Bullet Board, which bounce when they touch the bottom of the board.
- Vegetoid makes carrots fall from the top of the board vertically, which disappears when they touch the bottom of the board.
- Choosing "Dinner" causes it to say "Eat Your Greens", and then make one of its usual attacks, with one of the bullets colored green. Touching green bullets heal 1 HP and allow the protagonist to spare Vegetoid. This quote may be a joke based on how vegetables are commonly called "greens," while the healing bullets are also called "green."
- Choosing "Devour" when Vegetoid is ready to be spared heals 5 HP and ends the fight. Devouring Vegetoid does not appear to show the "Your HP was maxed out" message, even if it restores the protagonist's full HP.
- In the demo, Vegetoid would be eaten whole and considered killed, giving the protagonist EXP, and the dinner option is not present. Because of this, the only ways to do a successful Pacifist Run in the demo would be to flee from Vegetoid or spare it at low HP. In the final game, only a single bite is taken, which does not count as killing no matter how low the enemy's HP is.
- Farmed Locally, Very Locally [Neutral]
- Part Of A Complete Breakfast [Neutral]
- Fresh Morning Taste [Neutral]
- Contains Vitamin A [Neutral]
- Plants Can't Talk Dummy [Talk]
- Eat Your Greens [Dinner]
- Ate Your Greens [After Dinner]
- Serving Size: 1 Monster. Not monitored by the USDA. [Check]
- Vegetoid came out of the earth! [Encounter / Encounter with Migosp]
- A pair of Vegetoids came out of the ground! [Encounter with another Vegetoid]
- Vegetoid and Loox attacked! [Encounter with Loox]
- Loox and co. decided to pick on you! [Encounter with Loox and Migosp]
- Vegetoid cackles softly. [Neutral]
- Vegetoid's here for your health. [Neutral]
- Vegetoid gave a mysterious smile. [Neutral]
- It smells like steamed carrots and peas. [Neutral]
- You pat your stomach. Vegetoid offers a healthy meal. [Dinner]
- You tried to eat Vegetoid, but it wasn't weakened enough. [Devour]
- You took a bite out of Vegetoid. You recovered 5 HP! [Devour, less than half HP]
- Vegetoid seems kind of bruised. [Low HP]
- Vegetoid is one of the few monsters who rewards more GOLD if it is spared instead of killed.
- Originally, Vegetoid was supposed to be a pumpkin named Squashy.
- Undertale Art Book, page 159 (ISBN: 9781945908781)